UPS Europe – COVID-19Vernon Yerkess - 3 min
Last week we received a message from the president of UPS Europe highlighting the main priorities and safeguards put in place to help combat the current epidemic. See what was said below.
“Our highest priority is to maintain the health and safety of our people, customers and suppliers, while meeting our service commitments. UPS has implemented a range of measures in line with World Health Organization guidance to minimise the risks for employees and customers.
- Encouraging employees to familiarise themselves with information on COVID-19, and to consult with doctors immediately if they feel unwell
- Informing employees about its symptoms and methods of prevention and detection; in particular, reminding employees of good hygiene practices such as regular hand washing and strict adherence to our social distancing guidelines
- Expanding the use of home office and teleworking where operationally and technically feasible
- Implementing an isolation period for employees who have returned from high risk areas
- Advising against all non-essential travel
- Customers are no longer obliged to sign for deliveries, with the exception of some specialised deliveries where we have a contractual obligation to get a signature.
Despite the recent border closures in many countries, we are still able to fulfil shipments for our customers, except where we may be unable to deliver due to exceptional government restrictions. With 112 years of experience and a smart global logistics network that carries 3% of the world’s GDP every day, UPS has a strong track record of keeping deliveries moving in a crisis situation. In Europe, we have invested $2 billion in enhancing our network and services over the last four years. These enhancements give us the flexibility to mobilise dynamic contingency plans to manage and mitigate supply chain disruption”.
Don't just take it from us
The staff and management at Lama Fulfilment have a ‘Can Do’ attitude to everything that they have done for Excotek Ltd. Using Lama as our 3PL company has enable our support and management team to focus on other operation activities which has enable us to grow our business without the restrictions and challenges that B2B logistics can bring.
Customer experience is fundamental to our business, so when it came to outsourcing our fulfilment finding the right partner was critical. Due to their in-house experience and skills, Lama completely understood our business requirements and continually work with us to develop flexible processes and solutions to support Dr Fertility’s fast growth and big ambitions!
While using Amazon we were frustrated with the costs, lack of personal customer service and agility in managing stock inventory, so we used the downtime Covid-19 afforded to review our future fulfilment plans.
Any small businesses who are looking for a reliable Order Fulfilment company, stop looking and sign up with Lama Fulfilment now. You will not find a cheaper Order Fulfilment company in the UK.